Parents come in three types when it comes to home maintenance.
- There are parents who insist on doing all their own home maintenance themselves whether or not it is still a good idea for them to climb a ladder or deal with power tools.
- There are parents who insist that all home maintenance tasks be done – by you and your siblings.
- There are parents who ignore home maintenance entirely – apparently unconcerned as their home deteriorates around them.
With Mother’s Day and Father’s Day on the horizon, be a hero.
Give your parents a home maintenance services subscription. Maybe get together with your siblings to make it happen.
A home maintenance services subscription will
- keep your parent’s home in good shape on a regular basis
- improve your parents’ home value toward future resale
- free up your parents’ time and attention for more enjoyable things
- free up your time for your own family and work responsibilities and pleasures
- give your parents a trustworthy resource for other home-related tasks and repairs that may arise
- stop your worry that Dad will be up on a ladder cleaning the gutters while Mom frets about his balance
- end your weekend dread about when (and what) the next chore will be that they call you over to help out with
- let you spend time with your parents over coffee or a barbecue instead of shouting from a ladder
Of course, some parents do take care of their own home maintenance tasks capably and effectively. This type of parent may already have their own home maintenance services subscription in place.
If any of the three “problem” parent types feels all too familiar, consider making a change for the better for everyone concerned. Free up some time for pleasanter activities.
You might also like: